I just found Kylo while i was looking for a solution to use my Slingbox (Pro-HD) in XBMC. Tried several options (that didn`t work) but now with Kylo and installing the SlingWebPlayer Firefox plugin manually it works.
Here`s a Step by Step:
1. Download and save the WebSlingplayer Firefox Plugin manually here: http://plugin.slingbox.com/downloads/pc/184.108.40.206/webslingplayer.xpi
2. Extract the Zip
3. Copy (and merge) all files in the zip to your Kylo program folder (My W7 = C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\HillcrestLabs\Kylo) *
* I Reinstalled Kylo in a folder without Whitespaces for XBMC usage. I want to run Kylo from the Main Menu of XBMC and that doesn`t support opening files with Whitespaces in the paths.
4. Run Kylo and navigate to http://watch.slingbox.com
5. Choose Country, login and save your SlingAccount password in Kylo
This should be all (if i remember correctly).
What i did to get the URL from the Firefox plugin was install Firefox 3.6 and navigate to http://watch.slingbox.com. When it asked to install the addon i copied the link that showed there (see above). I copy/pasted the URL in Internet Explorer and savd it to my desktop. When i tried to enter that URL in Kylo it said it was not compatible. But manually save it, extract it and copy it to the Kylo folder worked like a charm.
I use XBMC on a 22 inch Touch Screen (which i am going to mount in my bathroom) with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. Normally thats a bit of a large resolution to use the Web Slingplayer. All the icons and buttons are very small. Kylo has an awesome function to automatically zoom by default. I have it at 150% and with text size at Medium. I have attached pics to show the result.
It is possible i missed a small step in the above Step by Step. If you have trouble getting it together just ask and if i have time i`ll try to help.
Some other notes:
- Since installing Add-Ons in Kylo is normally not possible (like this one) the above solution might work for ther plugins as well.
- The next thing that i have to do is figure out how to correctly use EventGhost so i can use XBMC and controlling Kylo with the Webslingplayer wth my MCE remote. So if any EventGhost techies care to help, please do for me and everyone else.
- I have set the Slingbox url as my Start Page in Kylo. Before i set it i showed the remote and it seems it takes that in the URL so when the URl loads it also loads the Remote (cannot confirm 100%)
See attached pics for screenies (sorry about the quality but can`t upload anything bigger then 75k)...