From Dan Simpkins, Hillcrest Labs CEO:
“We have confirmed with Hulu that they are preventing the Kylo web browser from playing Hulu videos. Prior to our formal launch, Hulu videos would play within the Kylo browser. Like Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari, the Kylo browser is simply a Web browser that enables consumers to visit any site on the Web. We have tremendous respect for Hulu, and we hope that a continued dialog might influence their thinking.”
With the release of version 0.7 Beta Kylo, you are now able to view Hulu videos within Kylo. However, a few setup steps are required:
1) Open Kylo
2) Navigate to hulu.com, either using the URL entry bar or by choosing the link on the Kylo directory
3) Open the power menu
4) Select Settings
5) Select Compatibility
6) After “Behave like”, choose “Firefox 3.6” from the pulldown menu. This tells Kylo to emulate the Firefox browser on a particular site.
7) Next to “When browsing” push the “Select an open page” button.
8) Pick hulu, then push “Customize behavior for this page”
9) (Alternatively, instead of steps 2,7 and 8 you could just type ‘hulu.com’ in the blank. But we’re trying to save you some typing here.)
10) You’re done. Close the settings page. Kylo will now remember to act like Firefox whenever it goes to any pages on hulu.com